I’ve been busy working on many Christmas projects and cards. First off Randy bought some flat agates and small buffalos to give to the people who work in his office. After every trip to the Black Hills he would come back with some buffalo for his herd. He bought the flat agates and I told him he needed to buy a buffalo to go with the agate. So they will remember him after this job is done. I had these boxes for forever and decided they would be perfect for him. So I made 8 boxes!
Next I made some cards following the you tube video here. I LOVE holly bushes! We had a row of them in Iowa and they are gorgeous! Loved looking out the window and seeing the red berries and the Cardinals eating them all Winter. I miss seeing them. Here in North Dakota in our neighborhood we do not have birds. Most of the trees are twigs so no birds. 😦
I write everything down that I use on cards but in my mess I cannot find it. I’m pretty sure I used DI pine needles to edge the card. Merry Christmas and Peace & Joy are Hero Arts stamps. The die is holly flourish from Cherry Lynn Designs. Berries were a glitter glue. This card brings back very special memories for me. Oops guess I didn’t take a pic of the inside.
I will have a post on the Mini Matchboxes I made for the guys and for Madyson for Christmas. A lot of pics so will do it sometime this week. I had sooo much fun making them. I plan to make more of them.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that the New Year will be a blessed and healthy year for you.
As always thanks for stopping to look and leaving some love. It is always appreciated.
Last night my sis had to call and tell me which witch card she wanted. She likes the green one. She was telling me about our cousin who had helped her granddaughter make an anniversary meal for her mom and dad. All she had to do was make the dessert! It”s been a loong time since I’ve laughed that hard! Suffice it to say she made THREE desserts and it sounds like one was worse than the next. I came away from the story with 3 main points. 1. Check the freshness of your ingredients. 2. Check the freshness of your ingredients. 3. Check the freshness of your ingredients!!!!! The smell test alone should have taken care of this! Oh dear!
Anyhoo, yesterday was our Stamp Club and it was Annette’s birthday month. So here is her card.
- Stamp: Garden of Wishes – LOTV/birthday wishes – savvvy stamps
- Paper: DeLovely 6 x 6 pad – Cosmos Cricket
- Punch: Starry Night edge – EK Success/Grass Border – MS
- Die: Victorian Pickett Fence – Cheery Lynn
- Flesh: E000 E11 E00
- Hair: E50 E23 E27
- Dress: RV0000 RV000 RV00 RV02 RV04 Wings: Y0000 Y000 Y00 Y02 – Glamour Dust on wings and star
That’s it for me today. Have a great weekend! The weather is supposed to be perfect here! Thanks for stopping today! Always appreciate your love!
The Anniversary card is for a friend from Stamp Club who celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary in May!! Congrats Annette and Dick!! The Birthday tag is for another friend from Stamp Club who is into Tim Holtz. I tried Linda, I really did but I had such a hard time adding lots of things. Also, I REALLY did not intend to have this much orange on it!!! One thing lead to another and it ended up ORANGE!! I love it! 😉
With Annette’s card I was trying the white on white type of card. Tough to do. I had to walk away a number of times and wait for ideas to come. I had to add some pink, as it’s her favorite color. Also, all that stark white was starting to freak me out!
With Linda’s tag I tried the Perfect Pearls on kraft paper but you couldn’t see it very well so that’s why I went to black. A very striking effect!
- Stamps: I Do, Wishing You… – LOTV
- Inks: Spun Sugar – DI
- Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
- Dies: Doily – Cheery Lynn, Std circles, Lg & Sm – Spellbinders, Swirl – Magnolia
- Flesh: E000 E00
- Hair: E50 E51 E53 E33
- Dress: N0-2 applied Marshmallow – Glimmer Mist on dress, Frosted Lace – Stickles on veil edge
- Flowers, Hearts & ribbons: Rv00 R81 R83 R85 G40 YG63 G28
- Suit: N0-7 – Crystal Lacquer on his shoes
- Dies: Tag & Butterflies: TH Sizzix
- Stamps: Butterfly & live in the moment… – Nature’s Elements
- Perfect Pearls: Perfect Gold, Mandarin, Green Patina, Cappuccino
- Distress Stains: scattered straw, wild honey, dried marigold, weathered wood, rusty hinge
I used the shattered stain technique from Tim Holtz for the butterflies.
Thanks for stopping and visiting with me for a while today. As always I appreciate and love your comments! 🙂
Have a great weekend! It’s going to be in the 90’s for us. ICK!!
Here it is time for another Little Darlings Challenge. The new challenge is Not Square. It runs from today until the 8th of November. Ok, I wasn’t real original. I ended up making a 5 x 7 card! I still like how it turned out. I used the Autumn Friends image. It’s such a versatile image. It is good for Halloween and Autumn. I fell in love with this paper. It is perfect for a Fall card.
- Stamp: Autumn Friends – Little Darlings
- Die: French Pastry – Cheery Lynn Designs
- Nestie: Classic Scalloped Circles, Lg
- Paper: Indian Summer Fall Stack – DCWV
- Flesh: E000 E11 E00
- Hair: E50 E31 E25
- Head Band, Top, Cat Scarf: YG91 YG93 YG95 YG97
- Belt & Shoes: E21 E23 E25 E27
- Pants: E11 E13 E15 E17 E07
- Pumpkin: YR20 YR21 YR12 YR18 YR15 Y18 E31 E23 YG91 YG93 YG95 YG97
- Cat: N0 N2 N3 N4 N6 N8 R81 R83
- Shadow: N0 N1 N2 N3
Our red maple out in the front yard is just beautiful!!! Last week we had some hail I figured that would be the end of the leaves. It’s not a tree full of leaves but what is left have turned and are gorgeous!! I just love this time of year!!
Thanks for stopping to visit with me for a while. I always appreciate the love you leave for me! It encourages me to keep learning and trying new things.
Have a great week! M
This card is clearly out of my comfort zone. I love LOTV stamps so I was willing to step outside the box! Number one it’s “pink” and it has lots of “pink” flowers on it. Some of my very precious Wild Orchid flowers. It even has a doily!!!! Wow! Someone take my temperature!!! Ok, on to my card. Oh yes, I almost forgot I found the card design on CLP (Crafting Life’s Pieces).
I even had to learn to make a box so I could send Julie’s card to her.I found that here on Rachel Jakes blog. So here’s a pic of my box for Annette’s card. I have to protect all those beautiful pink flowers. Sorry about the pic I just couldn’t get a good one. It’s even a pale pink box!!
Here is a pic of the card in the box.
- Stamps: Milly Flower Power – LOTV
- Paper: All from the Pheobe 6 x 6 pad that is now discontinued.
- Inks: spun sugar – DI
- Nesties: Classic Rectangle Lg & Sm
- Dies: French Pastry – Cheery Lynn Designs/Heart Swirl & Flower Doilies – Magnolia
- Punch: French Scroll – MS
- Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
- Flesh: E000 E11 E00
- Hair: E50 E51 E53
- Flower: RV00 R81 R83 R85 R89 E40 E42 E44 E47
- Hair Band & Coat: RV000 RV10 R81 R83 R85
- Stem, Bag, Leggins & Ground: YG 21 YG23 YG25 YG17
- Dress: YG00 YG01 YG03
- Shoes: C0 C2 C4 C6
- Sky: B0000 B000
I rather enjoyed making this card and putting all the extras on it that I normally do not do. I am a rather frugal person so I tend to go light on cards I have to mail. Since that is 99% of my cards I don’t get carried away often with embellies. I’ll wait for the verdict of how Julie’s card made it to Maine. I sure hope it’s in good shape. If it was then maybe I’ll get a little more carried away in the future with all the cool embellies that are out there.
Ok, we just moved Drew to college last Saturday and he’s coming home for the Labor Day Weekend. He’s on his way now! He needs all sorts of things for a class. I guess they don’t sell it in Brookings!!! Love having him home! It was so quiet this week. Plus, Randy had two noon meetings so that meant all day alone. I did get a lot of cards done though.
If you’re still with me, wahoo! I do so enjoy visiting with you and ALWAYS so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a comment.
Posted in Cheery Lynn Designs, Copics, Lili of the Valley, Magnolia Dies, Nestabilities, Punches, Wild Orchid Crafts
Tagged Classic Rectangle Sm, Classic Rectangles Lg, Doily Flowers, French Pastry Doily, French Scroll, Milly Flower Power
To know Crystal is to know that she LOVES shoes! The minute I saw this LOTV image, Emma’s Shoes, I knew this was the Thank You for her! She loves “girly” things so once again I had to come up with “girly”! Luckily, we just had a “girly” challenge so I was still in that frame of mind. She likes purple so here is my card.
Here is the inside. I made a little pocket to put some Gift Cards in.
I’ll either write something or find some nice Thank You stamp.
This was the first time I used my Cheery Lynn doily die and I LOVE it!! After I bought it I thought what in the world was I thinking!!! I really like the look it gives a card. I just may get into this “girly”.
I also used Crystal Lacquer on all the shoes and the purse. You can’t really see it but I love it! Of course, my ever helpful guys looked at the card and Drew’s reaction was “who in the world would buy orange shoes”. I informed him they were yellow. I was sure someone out there would. Have you never heard of poetic licence when it comes to cards????? LOL!
Ok, on to my stats.
- Stamps: Emma’s Shoes – LOTV
- Paper: Lilac & Aloe Vera – Bazzill/Camelia,Lily Child – Kioshi 6×6 Pad – BG
- Nesties: Standard Circles, Lg, Lacey Circles
- Dies: French Pastry Doily – Cheery Lynn/Beautiful Blooms II #3 – PTI
- Punches: Pine Branch, Frond – MS/Dotted Wave – EK Success
- Ink: Dusty Concord – DI
- Flesh: E50 E51 E53
- Hair, shoes & purse: C3 C5 C7 C8
- Hat, dress, socks & shoe: V000 V01 V12 V15 V17
- Shoes & flower: YR20 YR21 YF23 YR24
- Leaves: G20 G21 G24
- Wood Shelf: E30 E31 E34
- Box: RV000 RV00 RV10 RV23
- Floor: E21 E0000 (I made it a wood floor with planks)!
- Outline: W00 W0 W1
It’s time for a little break for a while!! This card a day is hard on me. LOL! It’s killing my trapezius muscle!! PAIN!!!
Thanks so much for visiting so many days this week with me. I always appreciate the time and effort that you take to leave a comment.
Off to rest my weary shoulders. If only I could. I’m working on cards due while we’re on vacation.
Have a great weekend.
Posted in Cheery Lynn Designs, Copics, Lili of the Valley, Nestabilities, Paper Trey Ink, Punches
Tagged Beautiful Blooms II #3, Emma's Shoes, French Pastry Doily, Frond, Lacey Circles, Pine Branch, Standard Circles Lg
Ok, this should be a really hard one for anyone to guess what that would be!! Yes, Linda, I can hear you laughing and shouting “ORANGE”! Orange with some blue, green and yellow. Really all the earth tone colors would work. LOL
So ladies let’s see your favorite colors on a card or project for the next challenge. It will be from June 22 – July 12th. You can use any stamps and post them on the Little Darlings Challenge Blog.
Onto my card. I just loved this image as soon as I saw it. The look of pure joy on her face! I knew exactly how I wanted to do the card and for once it turned out that way. I used ”Just Swingin” you can find it here at the Love to Stamp Store.
I had to make the card as a tent card. It just had to swing!!!! The directions are here made by the super talented Dena.
A side view of the card.
- Stamps: Just Swingin – Little Darlings/sending you sunshine – A Muse Artstamps
- Paper: Sable Black Confetti – Fox River/Orange Crush (don’t you love that name!), Walnut, Leapfrog & Ivy – Bazzill
- Embossing Folder: TH Wood grain – Sizzix/ highlight with walnut stain – DI
- Punch: Double edge vine trim – MS
- Dies: Grass Border – Cheery Lynn Designs
- Nestabilities: Double ended tag
- Template: Cloud – PrintWorks/Sky Blue – Vivid! for clouds
- Flesh: E000 E00 E11
- Lips: E17
- Tongue: E04
- Hair: E50 E51 E53
- Top: YR0000 YR000 YR00 YR01 YR02
- Sun: Y0000 Y11 Y13 Y15 Y18
- Shorts: G20 G21 G24 G28
- Tire: W0 W1 W2 W3 W4 W6
- Rope: YR21 YR23 YR26
Thanks for stopping and visiting with me for a while. Thanks for the love you leave for me. I always appreciate it!