I just love these digis from Saturated Canary Digis!! I love their faces especially the eyes! This card I did just for fun! I haven’t done that in a long time. Of course, I had to do it in my favorite colors! Why would I do it in anything else? LOL Peach and aqua. It just says crisp and clean like a fresh layer of snow.
I went to the Saturated Canary Challenge blog and discovered it was a challenge that I could do. It is CAS!! It was harder than I thought and I’m not one for putting lots of stuff on my cards. I’m happy with how it turned out though.
- Digi & Stamps: A Winter Ragmuffin – Saturated Canary Digis/I Love Snowmen – Peddler’s Pack/Snowflake – Amy R Stamps
- Paper: Butterfly & Dragonfly – Bazzill
- Punch: Glacial Snowflake – MS/Ultrafine Glitter
- Nestie: Label 10
- Ink: Pearlescent Jade – Brilliance, Watermark – Versa Mark
- Fun Flock: Cotton Ball White
- Flesh: E000 E00
- Hair: E34 E57 E47
- Ear Muffs, Sweater, Skirt, Tights & Snowman Stocking Cap: YR000 YR00 YR01 YR02
- Scarf & stripe part of outfit: BG0000 BG10 BG11 BG13
- Boots: E30 E31 E33 E34
- Snowman: C1 B00 C00 E31 E34 R02 R05
- Outline: B0000 B000 B00 C00 C1
I also put a thin layer of Fun Flock on her ear muffs! Considering I have never been a glitter person I sure have gotten into the glitter thing this winter. So there is glitter on the snowman and the snow.
I’m entering this in the Saturated Canary Challenge Blog.
Now off to clean up my mess. Thanks for stopping and visiting for a while with me. Always love and appreciate your comments.
What an undertaking that turned out to be!!! As I stated in my previous post making the prototype was a job in itself! Converting cm to inches and then trying to find the right size. In the end well worth all the effort! I know my guys are my number one fans! Anything for them!!
There are going to be a lot of pictures. So I’ll chat a little before each pic. The first will be the cover. I guess I was trying to compensate for the fact as a Midwesterner we SHOULD have some snow by now. Instead, it has been raining for 24 hours straight. For now, that’s ok. Drew is done with finals today so will be driving for 7 hours to get home. As soon as he gets home then it can SNOW all it wants. Our weatherman delights in telling us that with the amount of rain we’re getting the 1″+ would be equivalent to 15-20″ of snow. I guess I had that in mind when I did my trees!!! All 15″ landed on my trees!! It even left my hubby speechless! LOL It was a new snow I’ve never used before!!! My excuse and I’m sticking to it! 🙂
Inside left of cover. I used the holly punch as we used to have a gorgeous row of 5′ hollies. One in the middle of the row died and they intertwine so we had to get rid of all of them. 😦
Another pic with the tag out. Drew is majoring in Park Management so thought the trees were perfect. Plus, I love this stamp!
Next is the book part.
The back cover. I love this paper it has my beautiful holly all over it.
I decided I had to make the spine special too. Drew is a big believer in TRADITION so this Tim Holtz token was PERFECT.
Last picture! If you are thinking “what can she possibly have left to take a picture of?” Proof that it looks like a book!
I do have to say I love this project and will do another one. I’m only going to do a few of the stats since this post is so long.
- Stamps: Sitting Boy – Kit 20 – Christmas 4 – hAnglar & stAnglar/Bench – C. C. Designs/Winter Forest – Santa Col ’08 – Magnolia/Tree Group & Merry Christmas – Mini Holidays 2 – TH
- Papers: Watercolor paper/All other paper are from a Tim Holtz pad
- Dies: Lamppost, Round Carved Ornament w/LOVE & tag – Tim Holtz/Studio Alphabet- QK’s
- Inks: Vintage Photo, Bottle & Cranberry – Ranger
- Fur: Cotton Ball White – Fun Flock
- SNOW: I could not forget that!!! Snow – Tex – DecoArt
If you are still with me I say a BIG THANK YOU!!!
I always appreciate the love that you leave me!!! I have two more cards I HAVE to get done. In case I don’t or you don’t get back here. May you have a Blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year!!
I want to say a special “Thank You” to my followers for coming and looking and leaving your comments. They are very special to me. Blessings in the New Year!
Hugs to All,
I can’t believe that it is almost Halloween!! Where did the year go? They just fly by faster every year! Last year for Madyson’s first Halloween I made a very untraditional colored card. Actually, it was Magnolia’s “Love Bug” colored in pink and brown! So, this year I did a traditional colored card in of course, “orange”.
I’ve had these stamps for years and have never used them. Don’t we all have some of those!! LOL
Stats for card.
- Stamps: Fence, 2 Pumpkins, Pippi – C. C. Designs/Grass – Art Impressions/Happy Halloween Ticket – Stampers Anonymous
- Paper: Tangelo Blast – Bazzill/Tombstone, Jack O’ Lantern – eerie – BG
- Nesties: Lacy Square
- Punch: Corner Rounder
- Inks: rusty hinge, walnut stain, shabby shutters, peeled paint – DI
- Flesh: E000 E11 E00
- Hair: E31 E23 E57
- Pumpkins: YR20 YR21 YR12 YR15 YR18 Y18YG93 YG95 YG97 E31 E23 E57
- Wings: YR0000 YR000 YR00
- Fence: E31 E23 E57
I’m actually going to enter a challenge!!
ATS Weekly Wednesday Challenge here
No baking this week. 😦 It was sure nice to have the goodies around. Our waistlines really didn’t need it though. LOL
I still have Drew’s Halloween card to make yet so back to work!
Thanks for visiting and leaving your sweet comments. Always love and appreciate them.
Have a great weekend!