I’m back to working on My Favorites Book again. I’ve been trying a lot of new recipes and have loved this image since I bought it years ago! Of course, I had a plan before I colored her up. On the two page layout I’m using this one and then the next image will be Mo Mannings, Lemons.
I have really gotten into using Meyer lemons. They aren’t as sour as regular lemons. I’m not big on sour. I’ve made a lemon tart, lemon creme brulee, lemon madeleines, old-fashioned lemon sugar cookies, (the guys went ape over these!). When the weather cools from the 90’s on Tuesday! I want to bake a lemon curd & strawberry sunburst tart. If you love to cook and bake from scratch like I do I heartily recommend “Luscious Lemon Desserts” by Lori Longbotham! All of the above recipes came from this book. There are so many more I want to do!
The recipe I used with my image is not her’s. I went with a Martha Stewart that was online.
- Stamp: Willow Writing Recipes – Whiff of Joy
- Nestie: Long Classic Rectangle, Lg
- Die: Thought Bubble – QK’s
- Inks: dried marigold & tea dye – DI
- Flesh: E000 E11 E00
- Hair: E35 E37 E59
- Apron: E40 E41 E42 E44
- Hair Ribbon, Top & Sock: YR000 YR00 YR01
- Pants: B000 B00 B01
- Stool: E34 E35 E37
That’s it for today enjoy the rest of the weekend!
As always thanks for visiting and leaving a little love!
by Myrna Irwin
I decided to make Jean a Thinking of You card as she’s had a tough Spring and Summer. Just wanted her to know she’s been in my thoughts.
Click on the picture to enlarge it.
It turned out to be a nice bright and cheery card.
Here are the stats for my card:
- Magnolia: Summer Tilda – Lazy Summer Days Collection ’09
- Whiff of Joy: stump – Elisabeth Bell
- Papers: Imagine that – DCWV
- PrintWorks: cloud template
- Distress Ink: peeled paint, antique linen
- Punches: flowers- Nellie Snellen, McGill – leaf spray, MS – pine branch, tonic studios – butterfly
- Copics used:
- Flesh: YR0000 YR000 E0000 E50 E00 R0000
- Hair: E50 E51 E53 E55
- T-shirt, socks, flowers: Y0000 Y00 Y11 Y13 Y15
- Overalls, shoes, grass: G20 G21 G24 G28
- Stump: E30 E31 E33 E43 E57
This is short and sweet I’m making Randy his birthday supper tonight. I made the strawberry pie this morning now off to make meatballs.
Have a great day!
by Myrna Irwin
Click on picture to enlarge it.
I just love this image. Reminds me of sitting in front of a fire on a cold Winter’s day and enjoying a hot cup of cocoa. Heaven knows this Winter we need all the creature comforts we can get. It’s been a long snowy one. A friend bought me this paper as she knows I LOVE orange. So of course I had to use it right away. You will notice I use orange a lot in my cards. We all have our favorite colors. 🙂
Here are the stats for my card.
- Lasting Impressions Creamsicle (orange paper)
- Whiff of Joy Willow with hot chocolate image
- Nestabilities ovals
- snowflake brads from my stash
- Savvy Stamps Thinking Of You
- Copics used:
- Flesh: E00 E21 E11
- Hair: E31 E25 E29
- Sweater, flowers & socks: YR00 YR12 YR14
- Mug & leaves: YG21 YG23 YG25
- Jeans: B34 B37 B39
Thanks for stopping by and looking.