by Myrna Irwin
If you have been a regular visitor to my blog you will know that ORANGE is my all time favorite color. LOVE IT! Almost every card I make has orange of some shade on it. Fall is just my time of year all those beautiful rusts, golds, greens and reddish colors. Halloween, I’ve got it made, my colors!! Yep, perfect. Ok, along comes an eight month old great-niece. Yep, the one we all fight to get at!!! Looks just like her mama. Her colors are pink and brown!!!! You heard me right, PINK and brown. I had to weigh this carefully in my mind, Halloween – orange, Madyson – PINK! Sooooo who do you think won out????
Click on the picture to enlarge it.
Here is a close-up of Ladybug Tilda.
Did you really think I wouldn’t do it??? 🙂 How can I make anything but pink and brown when I can see her in her little tiny pink and brown outfits. Ahhh, love, it makes us do the strangest things. Like making a PINK Halloween card!!!! When I heard she was wearing a Ladybug costume I knew immediately what I was going to make. I had a good idea how I wanted the card to look so in order to make it happen it ended up being a 7 x 7 card!!
If you want to see a more traditional Halloween project see my previous post. The hAnglar Bat Boy Coffin Treat Box.
Here are the stats for my card.
- Stamp: Ladybug Tilda – Magnolia – Right Through My Heart Collection ’10
- Paper: Lt Black – corduroy – Bazzill, Pajama – Criss-Cross – Bazzill, rest from my stash
- Punches: Spiderweb punch around the page – MS, corner rounder, heart
- Nesties: Petite Ovals sm & lg
- Die Cuts: Phoebe- skinnimini – QuicKutz
- Distress Ink: Spun Sugar
- Stickles: Frosted Lace – on all the lace
- Flesh: E000 E00 E11
- Hair: E50 E53 E55 E25
- Hearts, pole, cap, jacket, pants: RV00 R81 R83 R85
- Spots, tummy, bottoms of feet & outline: W1 W3 W5 W7
I hope you like the most non-traditional Halloween card out there. Now if this isn’t thinking outside the box I don’t know what is!!!
Thanks for looking and love your comments.