This card is clearly out of my comfort zone. I love LOTV stamps so I was willing to step outside the box! Number one it’s “pink” and it has lots of “pink” flowers on it. Some of my very precious Wild Orchid flowers. It even has a doily!!!! Wow! Someone take my temperature!!! Ok, on to my card. Oh yes, I almost forgot I found the card design on CLP (Crafting Life’s Pieces).
I even had to learn to make a box so I could send Julie’s card to her.I found that here on Rachel Jakes blog. So here’s a pic of my box for Annette’s card. I have to protect all those beautiful pink flowers. Sorry about the pic I just couldn’t get a good one. It’s even a pale pink box!!
Here is a pic of the card in the box.
- Stamps: Milly Flower Power – LOTV
- Paper: All from the Pheobe 6 x 6 pad that is now discontinued.
- Inks: spun sugar – DI
- Nesties: Classic Rectangle Lg & Sm
- Dies: French Pastry – Cheery Lynn Designs/Heart Swirl & Flower Doilies – Magnolia
- Punch: French Scroll – MS
- Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
- Flesh: E000 E11 E00
- Hair: E50 E51 E53
- Flower: RV00 R81 R83 R85 R89 E40 E42 E44 E47
- Hair Band & Coat: RV000 RV10 R81 R83 R85
- Stem, Bag, Leggins & Ground: YG 21 YG23 YG25 YG17
- Dress: YG00 YG01 YG03
- Shoes: C0 C2 C4 C6
- Sky: B0000 B000
I rather enjoyed making this card and putting all the extras on it that I normally do not do. I am a rather frugal person so I tend to go light on cards I have to mail. Since that is 99% of my cards I don’t get carried away often with embellies. I’ll wait for the verdict of how Julie’s card made it to Maine. I sure hope it’s in good shape. If it was then maybe I’ll get a little more carried away in the future with all the cool embellies that are out there.
Ok, we just moved Drew to college last Saturday and he’s coming home for the Labor Day Weekend. He’s on his way now! He needs all sorts of things for a class. I guess they don’t sell it in Brookings!!! Love having him home! It was so quiet this week. Plus, Randy had two noon meetings so that meant all day alone. I did get a lot of cards done though.
If you’re still with me, wahoo! I do so enjoy visiting with you and ALWAYS so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a comment.
Posted in Cheery Lynn Designs, Copics, Lili of the Valley, Magnolia Dies, Nestabilities, Punches, Wild Orchid Crafts
Tagged Classic Rectangle Sm, Classic Rectangles Lg, Doily Flowers, French Pastry Doily, French Scroll, Milly Flower Power
by Myrna Irwin
I’m pretty sure by now that most of you know I am not a “pink” person. Ever since our Madyson came along I have become a pink person for her. LOL My Easter gift bag for her may just change my mind on pink. NOT!!!! Ok, it did turn out pretty awesome if I do say so myself. LOL I found the tutorial for it here at Nixe Moni’s blog. The only thing I did different is to glue all my “stuff” on the two outsides before I glued the two pockets together. So much easier that way.
This gift bag is not my typical style. I have ribbon and lots (for me) of Wild Orchid Crafts flowers on it. I had so much fun making this bag!! I just wish we could be there to see her face. Oh well, I’m sure I’ll hear all about it. I thought I’d look for a little book to put in one side and some cash in the other side.
I couldn’t decide what stamp and company to use so I used a Magnolia on one and a hAnglar on the other. Enough chit-chatting so here is my gift bag for Madyson.
Here is the other side.
I had a battle with the ribbon on the Magnolia side it just did not want to stay out-of-the-way! It had a mind of its own. Kind of like the little lady this is for. 🙂
- Stamps: Hello Tilda – Hoppy Easter ’10 – Magnolia/Mini Bunny Girl, Happy Easter, Some BUNNY loves You – Kit 28 Easter – hAnglar
- Paper: Pattern paper I sure wish I knew I bought it out-of-state and no name on it. Petunia, Juneberry – Bazzill
- Punch: Pine Branch – MS
- Dies: Swirl – DooHickey – Magnolia/Floral 2 greenery – marianne design
- Nestabilities: Labels 12
- Inks: Rose – Designer Ink – PrintWorks
- Flowers: Deep Pink Cherry Blossoms, Deep Pink Aster Daisy – WO
- Hello Tilda
- Flesh: E000 E00 E11
- Hair: E34 E57 E47
- Top: R81 R83 R85 R89
- Egg Shell: E40 E41 E42 E43
- Grass, leaves: YG21 YG23 YG25 YG95
- Jonquils: Y13 Y15 Y17 Y38
- Outline: W1 W3 W5
- Bunny Girl
- Bunny Suit: RV000 RV10 R81 R83 R85
- All Yellows: Y000 Y32 Y35
- Outline: Have to look real close. It was new colors for me for outlining. RV0000 Rv000 Y0000 Y00
- Ground: W1 W3 W5
The post below this one is the Thank You card I made for Sharon after I won the Tilda with Hanging Bunny stamp.
Thanks for visiting with me today. Love reading your comments.
Posted in Copics, hAnglar & stAnglar, Magnolia, Magnolia Dies, marianne designs, Nestabilities, Punches, Wild Orchid Crafts
Tagged Happy Easter, Hello Tilda, Mini Bunny Girl, Some BUNNY Loves You
by Myrna Irwin
I needed to do a quick birthday card for a friend in the Stamp Club I belong to for next Friday. I also have the demo so I decided to make a T-slide card. The directions are here. I did use Suzanne’s dimensions found here. Quick was not the right word. I did have to make a sample card with computer paper to get it right. You have to be paying attention to what you’re doing for this card to come out right. I would definitely make another one.
Just to catch you up, my toe is feeling better. I can walk without it feeling like a hot stick pin is poking me. Drew’s toes are doing better also. He’s at college now and complaining that his feet are freezing. He claims he’s in the tundra. He’s just in Northern South Dakota. It feels that way after the horrible hot and humid Summer we had this year. For those of you that have no clue what I’m talking about see previous post. As soon as I post this I’m on to Fall cleaning after our water in the basement episode.
Click on the picture to enlarge it.
Inside of card.
- Stats for my card are as follows.
- Stamps: LOTV – Rosie Posy
- PrintWorks – Happy Birthday
- Paper: Bazzill – Romance, Sweetheart & Juneberry
- BG – Indian Summer pad
- Flowers: Prima, Wild Orchids
- Die cut: Marianne design – frond
- Flesh: E000 E00 E11 Rooo
- Hair & shoes: E31, E35 E37
- Ribbons, skirt, socks, paper for flowers, flowers: Rooo R81 R83 R85
- Sweater: Y11 Y13 Y21
- Greens: YG21 YG23 YG25
- Outline: W1 W3 W5
- Distress Ink: Spun Sugar sponged on background
It doesn’t pay to not color for a month it was like starting over. I’ll have to clean fast so I can get back to making cards. With the stress of August I’d forgotten what fun was.
Thanks for looking and leaving a comment. They are appreciated!