I tried something I’ve never done before and that is merging digi images. The Make It Crafty image was easy as pie. They come with both a PNG and a JPEG. My Home Grown Sugar Nellie was a different story. It was so old that it was only a JPEG. There are many tutorials out there but, I still had trouble with it. Finally, after much trial and error I made my image into a PNG from a JPEG! I like it when things come together.
I used Sunflower Garden from MIC and Victoria (full body) and Victoria (just head) images from Home Grown Sugar Nellie. Love the Home Grown images! For some reason when I combined the two images I had a terrible time trying to get them in focus when I took the pics. So, the final pics really do not do the finished card justice. At least I don’t think so. 😉
I made this card for Sandy. She is one of the sweetest persons I have ever met! Actually, we haven’t met in person. The wonder of cyber friends. I think it is so awesome to have friends all over and still feel they are a friend. She has such a wonderful outlook on life. She leaves the most awesome comments that lift you up. Always has an encouraging word when you’re not quite sure it turned out like you thought it would.
Anyway, she sent me a box of soooo many awesome goodies to try with Art Journaling. I can’t wait to get at them. I may quickly sneak a page in to try them, before I start coloring images to put in my Smash book I’m taking to journal our trip to Montana.
- Digis: Sunflower Garden – MIC/Victoria – full body and head) – Home Grown Sugar Nellie
- Paper: Banana Bliss & Kiwi Crush – Bazzill/Harvest Row DP – Fiskars
- Punches: Tab – McGill/ tiny Butterflies – MS
- Nesties: Petite Ovals, LG – Petite Ovals, SM – Spellbinders
- Flesh: E000 E00 E21 E11 R11
- Hair: E21 E25 E29
- Jacket: B91 B93 B95 Also used some material with blending solution on it to get the texture on her jacket.
- Sunflowers: Y13 Y 15 Y17 E13 E15 E18 E29 YG23 YG93 YG99
- Hat: E50 E51 E53
- All Orange Things: (You really didn’t think I would make it without orange??) YR000 YR00 YR 01 YR02 YR09
- Fence: E31 E34 E29
- Ground: YG61 YG63 YG67 W3
- Background: BG0000
This turned out to be a long post. If you are still with me thank you for stopping for a while. As always I appreciate the time you take to leave a comment and always enjoy them.
Sandy, Thank You sweet lady for your generosity! Love it all!
Have a great week everyone. Now I’m off to color images for my Smash book.