I had sooo much fun making this book for Drew’s Christmas card/present. It took me a good couple of weeks to make! It was truly a labor of love! I found the directions here for making the paper bag book. This is going to be a long post with lots of pics so grab some coffee. For me, it’s a mug of raspberry chai!
The main thing for this pic is I made the background paper using the faux leather technique found here. This was so much fun to do! Really makes an awesome paper.
Left side of all the pages will be a pocket page with a tag in them that has a Bible verse on it.
Mary & Joseph
Little Shepherd Boy
Three Wee Kings
Pine Cone Wreath
Also in the pocket of the bag that each image was glued to had a large tag that had various things typed on them. The Nativity, Psalm 23, and other favorites. Also a tag for memories of 2012 Christmas.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was very quiet. After almost 11 months of unemployment we did not make a big deal with Christmas. Here’s hoping 2013 will be better.
I want to take this time to thank you for coming and spending time with me over 2012 and for all the wonderful comments you have left. They mean the world to me.
Next will be Randy’s card/present. I used 7 Magnolia images on his project.
Posted in Copics, Lili of the Valley, marianne designs, Memory Box Dies, Nestabilities, Punches, QuicKutz, Tim Holtz Dies
Tagged Angel Gabriel, Away in a Manger, Corners #1, Label 2, Little Shepherd Boy, Mary & Joseph, Pine Branch, Pine Tree Branch, Star, Star of Wonder, tag, Three Wee Kings & Pine Cone Wreath, Tree Line
I did another Sugar Nellie, this time it was Summer. I can feel her dress blowing against her legs. Even though she has an umbrella I don’t feel she’s in the rain. Maybe it’s because we’ve had unrelenting sunshine this summer but I thought she should be outside with her umbrella in the hot, hot August day. I just had to make a sunburst background for that unrelenting heat! 😉 You may need your sunglasses. LOL
I’ve had more fun making this book! I have 5 more pages to go and I’m already planning my next book! I can’t decide if I want to just make a guys book or have a co-ed book? Leaning more towards a co-ed book. Also using pattern paper in that book and a little more embellies. On to my stats.
- Digi: Summer – Sugar Nellie
- Die: Starfish – Marianne Design
- Flesh: E000 E11 E00
- Hair: E21 E25 E27
- Dress: Y000 Y02 Y06 Y08
- Umbrella: BG10 BG11 BG13
- Ground: E50 E51 E53
- Outline: V000
- Inks: squeezed lemonade & vintage walnut – DI
Thanks for visiting with me and thank you for your love you leave me!!
No “PEACH” on this page Linda!! LOL
I am having so much fun making my book of favorites! I’m taking the time to work on skills I feel need work. HAIR!! I’ve been studying hair of people whose work I admire. Hmm, sometimes I think YES, I’ve got it. Then next time. Hmm, nope. No I don’t. That’s life, a work in progress!!
Remember this is a book so even more simple than usual. It’s all about the images. I used Nevaeh from Saturated Canary. Cover is here. First page here.
- Digi: Nevaeh – Saturated Canary Digis
- Paper: Med Caribbean Coral, Med Terrific Teal – Colormates
- Nesties: Petite Ovals, Sm – Petite Scalloped Ovals, Sm – Spellbinders
- Die: Branch Forest – Marianne Design Creatables
- Flesh: E000 E00
- Hair: E000 E50 E51 E53 E57
- Eyes: YG17 G07
- Dress, Sock: YR0000 YR000 YR00 YR01 YR02
- Dress band, Ruffled Slip: B0000 B000 B00 used Frosted Lace Stickles on ruffles, Crystal Lacquer on band to look like satin
- Shoes: E50 E51 E53 – used Crystal Lacquer them
- Gound: W00 W0 W1
- Outline: B0000 YR000
Considering this was a simple page I sure used a lot of things.
I have to include a pic of my Boston Cream Pie I made from scratch for Mother’s Day. My guys LOVED it.
This recipe said to let the frosting drizzle down the sides. Although, I think there would have been enough to frost the whole thing.
Thank you all who left such wonderful comments on my last two posts. They are appreciated!!!
Have a great week everyone.
Randy knows how to apply the pressure. As he saw me making Drew’s Book Card he said his has to be an even better project!!! I had an idea in the back of my mind. When I was looking through the “Chocolate Dreams” Magnolia Ink magazine I saw two projects that instead of the book used a box. As my idea developed the box was perfect for what I wanted to do. I used the older Mistletoe Tilda. I have never used her and thought she was so cute.
Inside Right what could be more perfect than chocolate Kisses!!!
- Stamps: Tilda under Mistletoe – New Year Col ’08 – Magnolia/Limited Edition – Odds & Ends, Merry Christmas, Trees – Mini Holiday 2 – Stampers Anonymous
- Paper: Hillary, Butter Cream – Bazzill/All pattern paper Yuletide K&Co/Kraft Glassine – Tim Holtz
- Punches: Holly edge, X & O’s edge – MS
- Dies: Hinge – Hardware Findings, Tag – Tim Holtz/Swirl, Poinsettia, Mistletoe – Magnolia
- Inks: vintage photo, black soot, peeled paint & aged mahogany
- Nesties: Petite Ovals, Lg & Classic Square, Lg
- Hair: E31 E35 E25
- Hair Ribbons, Dress, Socks: R20 R24 R27 E07 W4 W3 I also used Marshmallow Glimmer Mist on the dress
- Top: YG21 YG23 YG17 YG67 W3
- Shoes: W2 W4 W7 W8 Crystal Lacquer on them
- Mistletoe: YG23 YG17 YG67
- Outline: N0 N1
I still have two cards to make. Drew will take them back with him when he heads back to school. So I have a few weeks to work on them. Another long post so thanks for hanging in there with me.
I always appreciate your lovely comments they mean so much to me.
Happy New Year to you!!!
Posted in Copics, Magnolia, Magnolia Dies, marianne designs, Nestabilities, Punches, Tim Holtz Dies
Tagged Hinge, Holly, Mistletoe, Mistletoe Tilda, Poinsettia, Swirl, X & O's
Today is my turn to show you a Sneak Peek from the Little Darlings Collection, which can be found at the Love to Stamp store on the 20th of June. Make sure you check out the owner, Angie’s blog for a chance to win the full set of the new release! How cool is that!! Also don’t forget about the challenge going on at the Little Darlings Challenge blog right now. The rules have changed and you can use any company’s stamps to enter. So get to stamping those cards gals!
I just love this new collection! Wow! Have they ever taken me down memory lane. I decided to do Jump!
Look at the look of pure joy on her little face as she’s jumping rope! Now who didn’t spend hours jumping rope as a kid??? Where did we get all that energy from? I’d love to have 10% of that energy now! LOL
Make sure you go to the Love to Stamp store blog to see the rest of the gals awesome Sneak Peeks!
- Stamps: Jump – Little Darlings/Dreaming of Sunshine & Smiles – LOTV
- Paper: 6 x 6 Mellow pad – BG
- Punches: Laurel leaf edge, pine branch – MS
- Dies: Floral 2 – marianne designs
- Nestabilities: Petite Ovals, Sm, Petite Scalloped Ovals, Sm, Standard Circles, Sm
- Inks: rusty hinge – Distress Ink
- Flesh: E000 E00 E11
- Hair: E31 E35 E59
- Top, rope, flip-flops: YG21 YG23 YG25
- Skirt: E93 E95 E97 YR20 YR21
- Outline: C0 C1 C2 C3
Thanks for stopping and visiting. As always love to read your comments. I do so appreciate you taking the time to do that!
I’ll be back later in the week with a second Sneak Peek!
See you then!
by Myrna Irwin
First of all I want everyone to know that Love to Stamp is sponsoring the Fussy and Fancy Challenge tomorrow the 20th of May. So go play!!
I’m so excited I just received my Cheery Lynn order of dies today! I can’t wait to cut them and see what they look like. The awesome fence and gate, screen door, (just love it for some reason) and a few others. For some reason I want to call them Cherry Lynn. So if I slip up I mean Cheery Lynn. LOL!
Where does the time go??? Here it is another year and another birthday for cousin Vi! Last year she put her card on an easel in her living room. It was peach and aqua. She has a red living room. This year I tried to keep that in mind when I did her card. So it’s “PINK”! I did my orange for myself the other day so I’m good to go. For some reason the LOTV girls just scream “pink”. I really had fun with this card.
I bought all this NitWit paper and had never tried it. Ok, not to bad to print your own paper. I didn’t do the matching solids as they had words on it. Well, duh most of it was covered except for a 1/8″ border. Live and learn. Still trying to live with about zilch for hearing in my left ear. It really makes me feel disconnected with life.
Here’s my cutie!
- Stamps: Rosie with Cake – LOTV, happy birthday – savvy stamps
- Paper: Butterfly Kisses Too – NitWit Collection/Juneberry, Sweetheart, Petunia, Parakeet – Bazzill
- Dies: Grand Ovals – Nestabilities, Floral 2 – marianne designs, Circle DooDad – QK
- Punch: Dotted Wave – EK Success, Pine Branch – MS
- Inks: Spun Sugar, Peeled Paint – Distress Ink
- Flesh: E000 E11 E00
- Hair: E50 E53 E55
- Headband, skirt, shoes, cake: RV00 R81 R83 R85 R89 also W1 W3 E30 E31 E34
- Top: YG00 YG21 YG23 YG25
- Stars & Platter: Y00 Y02 Y08
- Outline: W1 W3 W5
Well, that’s it for today. We have a LOT of birthdays in June so I’ll be back!
Have a great day! Once again thanks for leaving your love! Always love it and will reread them when I need inspiration to keep going.
Posted in Copics, Lili of the Valley, marianne designs, Nestabilities, Punches
Tagged Butterfly Kisses Too, Circle DooDads, Dotted Wave, Floral 2, Grand Ovals, Pine Branch, Rosie with Cake
by Myrna Irwin
Whew! I’m finally done for Easter! I have 7-8 hours to clean up my mess before Drew gets home from college for Easter Break. That is if I don’t get calls every few minutes telling me what he’s seeing. A long drive alone so I try not to get exasperated with him! At least the days are staying light longer.
Usually I don’t have a problem with guy cards or projects. Easter to me is soft, pastel colors. That doesn’t seem very masculine to me. I’m not sure how well I succeeded at being masculine. LOL He loves the Mini Cadbury Eggs so I decided to make a Window Treat Box full of candy!!!! Once again I did all my gluing of images, etc before I put the box together. Much easier if you measure everything like I do. The paper had a wide assortment of colors on it so I pretty much used them all!!! None of my beloved orange though. 😦 Once again I used Magnolia/hAnglar combo. They just seem to work together so well.
This is the lid.
- Stamps: Mini Two Eggs – Hoppy Easter Col ’10/HAPPY EASTER, Mini Boy Bunny – Easter Kit ’10 hAnglar
- Paper: Spring Rain – PTI/Easter, Easter Egg Hunt -Reminisce
- Nestie: Classic Inverted Scalloped Square, Sm
- Die: Floral 2 branch – marianne design
- Punch: Hydrangea – MS
- Inks: antique linen, scattered straw – Distress Ink
- Acetate: A little tip here I save my containers that Nesties come in and cut them up for using in the window on this project.
- Flesh: E000 E00 E11
- Hair: E31 E35 E59
- Ears: RVooo RV10
- Bunny suit, shoes: B91 B93 B95 B97
- Collar, sleeves: G20 G21 G24
- Two Eggs
- Straw: Y21 YR23
- Left Egg: RV000 R30 R32
- Right Egg: B91 B93 B000
- Raffia: YR20 YR21 YR23 YR24
- Outline: N0 N1 N3
Thanks for visiting! I always enjoy your comments and appreciate the time you take to do it!
Have a Blessed Easter Everyone!
Posted in Copics, hAnglar & stAnglar, Magnolia, marianne designs, Nestabilities, Punches
Tagged Classic Inverted Scalloped Squares, Floral 2, Happy Easter, Hydrangea, Mini Bunny Boy, Mini Two Eggs