The Design Team and Guest Designers will be giving sneak peeks from May 2nd – May 16th when the Love to Stamp online store opens.
There will be a Challenge Blog which will be the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month starting with June 8th. So make sure you enter!!
The store will also have its own blog where you will find the sneak peeks over the next few days. So keep coming back to check out all the Little Darlings! On May 18th there will be a Blog Hop so be sure to join us for that.
The next image was a winner for me. It just screams 4th of July! Fourth of July has always been a special day. Picnics at the lake, frying ourselves in the sun. One year Randy got third degree burn. Ok, not so fun. Loved this Shellphone image right away. Reminds me of the 4th when my nephew called from Iraq while we were all at the lake. It was a very special day to be able to talk to him!
I wanted a weathered wood look for my paper so I made it myself. I used the tutorial found here at Gina K’s Stamp TV. I love, love this technique I have used it in my scrap booking many times.
- Stamp: Shellphone – Little Darlings/Hello Hero Arts
- Paper: Kraft
- Pattern Paper: Wood grain – tea dye, weathered wood & faded jeans – Papers By Myrna 🙂
- Nesties: Classic Inverted Scalloped Sq, Lg – cut by hand the mat shape – Spellbinders
- Flesh: E000 E11 E00
- Hair: E30 E31 E55 E57
- Stripes on top & shorts, lips: R20 R22 R27 R29 R46
- White areas on image: W1 W3 W5
- Blue area on top: B21 B23 B24 B26 B28
- Seashell: E000 E51 E02 R22 R20
- Sand: E50 E51 E53 E55 E40 also did the washcloth technique for the sand splotches
I’m sure glad I had this card done before we went and moved Drew home for the Summer from college! I haven’t had a cold in two years and I have to say I didn’t miss it at all!! I have NEVER felt this bad in my life with a cold. Awful sore throat, chills, my skin even hurt to touch it. ICK! ICK! The next morning Drew drug himself upstairs and held up a bag of Halls and said, “breakfast”!!!! So, needless to say his first few days home haven’t been so great. Randy avoids us like the plague!! Well, I have to muster some strength to make another card. I know what I want to do just need the strength to hold the markers in my hand.
Here’s hoping the week gets better.