I really have had a lot of fun this week trying new things! My first two new techniques were to dye my seam binding that I ordered. Of course, I HAD to dye an ORANGE ribbon. The first tutorial was Tammy Tutterow’s Glimmer Mist one. Which is here.
It really is more peach than this dark orange.
The second tutorial on seam binding was Bev Rochester’s using Distress Ink. Found here. You end up with two very different results. I like them both.
The third new technique was the twisted easel card. I made a 6″ and a 4″ one. Yep, you guessed it I used the reg Tilda with hanging star and the mini one. My fourth technique was the “Sunray effect” that Geri Utterback did. Found here. Although, I’m saying it is a blazing star effect. LOVE IT! Takes a bit of time but well worth it.
The first card is the reg Tilda. Very simple card. I didn’t think flowers would be in the sky. So I passed on any embellies on the top half of the card. LOL
Second card is the mini.
Cards together to compare sizes.
The blues match better than what they are showing. On to my stats.
- Stamps: reg & mini Tilda with hanging star – MLC ’10, mini celebration tag – Graduate & Student Col ’09 – Magnolia
- Thank You and Happy Birthday – Printworks
- Paper: X-Press It
- Marmalade Blast, Island Breeze – Bazzill
- Citrus Pad – 12 x 12 & 8 x 8 – DCWV
- Dies: Nesties – standard circle, sm
- Vintage tag & Tilda Lace – DooHickey – Magnolia
- Punch: 2 1/2″ scalloped circle – Marvy
- Inks: edged tea dye on all the edges
- dandelion & cantaloupe – Memento – sunrays
- Flesh: E000 E00 E11
- Hair: E51 E35 E71 E25 E29 YR0000
- Top, hair ribbons, ribbon on tag: YR000 YR00 YR01
- Ribbon: B000 B00 B01 B02
- Star: Y000 Y00 Y02 Y04 Y17 – Crystal Lacquer
- Wings: W1 W3 – Angel Wings – Shimmerz
As always thank you for looking and leaving your wonderful comments!!