by Myrna Irwin
Well, here we are 24 days before Christmas and I have just completed my FIRST Christmas card. My list has now shrunk down to four cards. I think next year I better join in the Christmas card a month group!!! Where oh where does the time go????? I had such high hopes for making lots of cards. I haven’t even started baking or decorating the house yet. Don’t get me started.
So far, we have a naked Christmas tree in our living room! Been that way since last Sunday. Tomorrow the guy comes to clean the carpet in the family room in the basement. Then we can get all the furniture out of the store-room and shop and put the family room and Drew’s bedroom back together. This is still from last Summer’s 10″ of rain. Let’s say I’m a very cautious person. We had to have a patio put in, then some siding work. LOTS of caulking everywhere. We have a walk-out basement. Love that, don’t love 10″ of rain that is higher than the french door opening. Any way, back to the naked tree, all the lights and ornaments are behind Drew’s bed that is leaning against them all! So here’s hoping for dry skies ahead!!!!
This card is a first for me. I don’t do dark red. Freaks me out. I have to say I like it!!! I just kept adding more and more color and liked it more and more. I even used ribbon! Yes, I do have ribbon! Although, you wouldn’t know it by my cards. I bought a Bow Easy so now I just may go crazy with bows!!! LOL I wouldn’t count on that with just men in the family. Madyson will have to get the bows.
I just about forgot I used a sketch of Bev Rochester’s you can find it and others here. Ok, enough chit-chat here’s my card.
Stats for my card.
- Stamps: Reindeer Tilda – Merry Little Christmas Col ’10 – Magnolia
- merry christmas – PrintWorks
- Paper: All solid & pattern paper – Greetings of the Season – Hobby Lobby package
- Nestabilities: Standard Circle, Sm & Classic Scalloped Circle, Sm – Spellbinders
- Shapeabilities: Create A Flake One – Spellbinders
- Double – ended ribbon tag – Spellbinders
- Punch: pine branch – MS
- ticket corner – Stampin’ Up
- Crystal: Swarovski
- Glimmer Mist: Marshmallow – Tattered Angels – used on the circle behind Tilda and on the snowflakes & pine branches
- Distress Ink: Antique Linen – sponged on circle, snowflakes and sentiment
- Flesh: E000 E00 E11
- Hair: E51 E53 E55 E57
- Antlers: E41 E43 E44 E47
- Bells: Y00 Y15 Y26 Y28 YR 24
- Outfit: R35 R37 R39 R89 E07
- Sleeves, hair ribbons,socks: G20 G21 G24 G28 G29
- Lace: E50
Well, that’s it for today. Onward to my next card.
Thanks for looking and love your comments!!