by Myrna Irwin
What is it about human nature????? I just couldn’t get motivated to make this Thanksgiving card for Drew until it was almost to late to mail it. I had it all colored and pieces cut and decided I just couldn’t get it done in time to mail today. Drew said to just save it for when he came home for Thanksgiving break. Whew! the pressure is off. Then the conscience kicks in. You know how he loves to get mail! What kind of mother are you??? YES, I CAN DO THIS!!! So I spent the evening putting it together. 🙂 It’s been cloudy and dark here. Went to bed last night. Ok, I need sunshine in the morning to take the pic. What do I behold when I go in my studio this morning but the sunshine streaming in the windows!!! So here is Drew’s Thanksgiving card. I’m really happy with how it turned out.
Once again I went out of my comfort zone on this card. I used Prismacolor pencils for the shadow and ground. I even made my own little grass!! I was so excited. It doesn’t take much to get me excited!!! LOL I watched Chrissy’s video. Excellent video! It’s here. I have a huge box of the Prismacolor pencils and wouldn’t you know it I only had 2 of the colors she used!!! Isn’t that just like life!!! 🙂
Click on the picture it enlarge it.
I just LOVE these guys!!!!
- Stamps: Autumn Boy from Kit 13 – hAnglar & stAnglar
- In everything give Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving – Darcie’s Country Folk – inside of card
- Paper: Kraft- Paper Reflections
- Palo Verde & Capers – Bazzill
- Tim Coffey Fall pad – K&CO
- Punches: Fall Leaves edge – MS
- Nestabilities: Petite ovals, lg & Petite scalloped ovals, lg
- Template: cloud – Summer Fun – ANM
- Flesh: E000 E00 E01
- Hair: E51 E53 E55 E57
- Hat, scarf & pants: YG91 YG93 YG95 YG97
- Sweater, gloves, shoes: E11 E13 E15 E17 E18
Well, that’s it for today. I guess I better get started on Christmas cards!!!! YIKES!!!!!
Thanks for looking and as always I appreciate your wonderful comments.