by Myrna Irwin
First, I need to tell you that Chuck, the older gentleman I had been making cards for while he was getting chemo treatments died late yesterday afternoon. It had been my pleasure to make him cards. I knew how much he enjoyed them. He would mention it every time Randy talked to him. He even called to tell me the last time. Unfortunately, I was not able to give him the last card I made. Randy did tell his wife and daughters about it. They laughed and said he would have loved it. Of course, he would have had a story for it. 🙂
They had just gotten back from Maine (they Summer there) Drew was home for a break from college. The three of us met Chuck, his wife and two daughters for coffee at a coffee-house here. We will treasure that last time together always. He will be greatly missed.
This is the card I was working on yesterday. I have always liked this image and was on my list of want to do before Halloween. It’s a rather dark card for me. I even put black flowers on it, which isn’t like me at all.
Click on the picture to enlarge it.
- Stamp: Thistle Tilda – Magnolia – Halloween & Autumn Collection ’08
- Sketch: Happy Thoughts & Inkspots – Sketch 12
- Papers: Jubilee & Velvet – Bazzill
- cauldron, mummy & Dracula – BG
- Inks: dusty concord – Distress Ink
- Punches: spider web – MS, Beautiful Blooms II #1 – PTI, stamen – Nellie Snellen, pine branch – MS,
- Nesties: Petite scalloped ovals, lg – petite ovals, lg
- Shimmer: Angel Wings – Shimmerz – used it on the wings and webbing on her dress.
- Flesh: E000 E01 E11
- Hair, & boots: E50 E53 E55 E57
- Sleeves & laces: YR61 YR65 YR68
- Dress & thistle: V000 V01 V06 V09
- Thistle greens: YG91 YG03 YG25 BG93
- Outline: W1
I’m trying to work more on where the light is coming from. It’s not always easy for me to figure that out.
Thank you for looking and leaving your wonderful comments.
Tell someone today that you love them.