by Myrna Irwin
Who ever would have thought that junk mail would be welcome! Drew is complaining that he doesn’t get any mail at college, not even junk mail!!! 😦 So being the good mother that I am I immediately started making him a card so he will get mail. I remember when Randy and I first moved down here the mailman was my friend. He brought mail from home (before cell phones and you had constant contact with family). Now the mailman is my friend as he brings me my stamps.
I LOVE Autumn!!! It is my favorite time of year. The humidity has bid us adieu. WaHOO!!! The days are cool and crisp and the crunch of leaves when taking a walk in the trees. The beautiful colors of Fall, the oranges (you knew I’d say that!!) rusts, greens and inca golds. Ahhhhh, this is heaven. I had to make Drew a Fall card using the Edwin with the broom. So enough chatting and on to the card.
Click on the picture to enlarge it.
I really had fun making this card this morning. I’ve been to busy trying to color perfect that I wasn’t having any fun. When I would read people do this for enjoyment I thought WHAT are they talking about! When I’m done I’m completely stressed out! So, I’m going to turn over a new leaf and start relaxing and enjoying the process!!! What better way to do that then to make a card about leaves. LOL!! Ok, if I haven’t lost you already on with the stats for my card.
- Stamps: Edwin with broom – Magnolia – Fall Stamps ’07 Collection
- Crispy Crunchy Falling Leaves – Technique Tuesday – When Autumn Comes
- Paper: Autumn – Recollections – all of the paper is from them
- Nestie: Deckled rectangle, Lg
- Extra Goodies: Cotton Ball White – Fun Flock – used it for the puff on his cap
- Angel Wings – Shimnerz – on his wings
- Sponged: Cantaloupe & Potter’s Clay around Edwin – Memento
- Flesh: E000 E00 E11 (chalked his cheeks)
- Hair & broom handle: E40 E41 E42 E43 E44
- Hat, vest & shoes: E11 E13 E15 E17 E18 E19
- Sleeves: YR20 YR21 YR23 YR24
- Jeans: B91 B93 B95 B97 B99
- Broom bristles: Y21 Y26 YR23 E35 E37
- Outline: W1 W3 W5
Well, that’s it for today. Tomorrow I hope to do Tilda with the Sunflower! I’ve had her forever but never inked her up even though I just love her. Love Sunflowers after we saw a whole field of them turning their bright yellow heads to the sun! It was just AMAZING!!
Thanks for all your wonderful comments they mean so much to me.
Have a WONDERFUL AUTUMN DAY and go take a walk and enjoy the wonders of nature!!