I am resending this email as my computer went to a white screen just as I posted the card. After fixing that problem I later found out that none of my subscribers received the email so I am trying to do a do-over. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
This Frame Card was made for a friend of the family who just found out he has lung cancer. I wanted him to know that he is in our thoughts and prayers. He also happens to spend the Summer on the coast of Maine. So of course my first thought was of the ocean backgrounds I have from Magnolia. Then Summer Edwin who is sitting was my next thought. He also happened to have been in the Navy. So I’ll be making more cards for him with the new Summer Kit.
If there are any of you out there reading this that sail boats etc. I used the Figure Eight Knot or stopper. I know I did not use the knots in the right way but wanted to use them on the card. For those of you that are not boat people a stopper knot is one that keeps the rope from slipping through a hole. On the card the knots on the left side of the post are stopper knots. Makes sense. 🙂
I don’t know how long it will take me to learn the lesson paper makes all the difference. It was not the right kind of paper so not pleased with how colors blended. I have now learned my lesson and will use those papers for gluing everything onto!!!
Click on the picture to enlarge it.
On the inside I put the saying “Just SITTIN’ HERE THINKING Of You” words.
Here are the stats for my card.
- Stamps: Magnolia – Summer Edwin – Lilac Summer Col ’08
- Pier Background – Lazy Summer Days Col ’09
- Just SITTIN’ – Chasing Butterflies Col ’09
- Papers: Paper Reflections – Kraft
- 7gypsies – Barcelona Paper: Sabadell
- Template: All Night Media – Summer fun – clouds
- Inks: Distress Ink – tumbled glass
- Flesh: E000 E00 E11 R000
- Hair: E41 Y21 E42 E35 E44
- Top: B000 B00 B91 C1
- Belt: E41 E42 E43 G85
- Pants & shoes: YG93 YG95 G85 C1
- Water: Booo B00 B91
- Posts: E31 E33 E43 E57 W3 W5
- Ropes: E40 E41 E42 E43
- Bouy & Boat: W1 W3 R20 R24 R29
- Bricks: N1 W1 W3 W5 YG93 (have to have moss)
Thanks for spending some time with me today.
I hope you have a great weekend!