by Myrna Irwin
Nothing says Summer to me like bike riding and going to the beach. Every 4th of July was spent at the lake when I was growing up. I have many happy memories there. So I had to make this card for my middle sisters birthday which is a day after my oldest sister. A first for me is that I entered the Inky Impressions May Challenge for Summer Fun. Stepping outside the box!! LOL Yes, I do color images other than Magnolia. I think it turned out pretty well considering I was dealing with a thunder-storm and drain tile issues as I was coloring. Here I was out in the yard with my umbrella and a metal rod. What a lightening rod I was!!! LOL I lived to tell the tale so guess it wasn’t my time yet. Anyway here’s my pictures of the card.
Click on the picture to enlarge it.
A side view so you can see the corner sand dollar punched.
A little tip here. Adhesive tabs do not like to stick to sandpaper!! lol I did reglue the ocean background to the sand paper so it’s not gapping like that. I never noticed it when I was taking the picture. Other than that this card was so much fun to do.
Here are my stats.
- Stamps: Inky Impressions-Water Lili
- Magnolia-Ocean Background/Lazy Summer Day’s Collection ’09
- Technique Tuesday-Endless Summer
- Savvy Stamps-Happy Birthday
- Paper: Bazzill -Pistachio
- Sand paper
- Embellies: Magic Scraps-sand dollar & starfish
- Punch: MS sand dollar corner punch
- Inks: Antiquities-Verdigris/water
- Distress Ink-tumbled glass/clouds
- Color Box-Dune, Color Box Chalk-yellow cadmium/sand
- Flesh: E000 E00 E11 R000
- Eyes: N1 E30 E35 E37
- Lips: YR02
- Hair: E41 E42 Y21 E35 E44
- Hat & dress: Y00 Y11 Y13 Y08
- Ribbon, bodice and ruffles: BG23 BG32 BG34
- Ocean Background
- Sun: Yoo Y11 Y13
- Ship: E0000 E000 E41 E42 E44 R11 R12 R14 R17
At first I thought I would NEVER make another step-card but figured out my problem and now I really like it.
Thank you for looking and hope you could feel the ocean breeze on your face!!