by Myrna Irwin
Ok, I’m going to do something I’ve never done before and that is rant for a little bit. Have you ever done something to make someone feel better and have it go horribly wrong? I did that this morning, my son had had a physically tough first day of work, blisters on hands every muscle hurts. I had made him a hot drink to take to work this morning. I went to give him a hug goodbye and knocked the cup out of his hand and it landed with a thud minus the lid!!! Yes, I’m sure you can imagine the mess everywhere. My just washed rug, husbands computer bag, shoes, you get the picture. Oh yes, I forgot it had been raining for hours. I should say for days. Ahhh, so what is the silver lining in this mess. I have learned the trick to distressing the edge of papers! Yes, I took all my frustration out on that innocent paper. Ahhhhh, that felt sooo good. Ok, I feel better so on to the card.
This is for my cousin’s 73rd birthday although, you would never guess she was anywhere that old. As long as I’ve known her she always says, “let’s sit down and have a cup of tea”. Then she writes a 10 page letter. So I thought this card was perfect for her.
Click on the picture to enlarge it.
Here are the stats for my card.
- Stamps: Magnolia-Dinner Tilda & teacup-both are from the A Little Yummy For Your Tummy Collection ’09 Alias Smith & Rowe-flower background stamp, savvy stamps-birthday wishes
- Paper: most are from my stash Bazzill-cantalope
- Punch: MS-frond
- Nesties: classic scalloped circle, sm I got the directions for the flower from Silvie I LOVE IT!
- Flesh: same as usual except used YR00 for cheeks
- Hair: E51 E35 E25 E29
- tea cup, sleeves & socks: G0000 G000 G00 G02
- Outfit& beads: YR0000 YR000 YR00 YR01 YR02
- Shoes: E43 E44 E47
- Shadow: C1 C4
Well that’s it for today a glimpse into my life. Hmmmm, actually the flower looks like it took the brunt of the drink. LOL It really is orangy.
Have a good one today love your comments!